CITY LOCKET OF THE FUTURE AMSTERDAM
CITY OF AMSTERDAM
Like many other cities, the city of Amsterdam focused on budget cuts. In 2012, the city had more than fifty front office locations. RMC was asked to develop a new service concept for all services based on retail thinking. In other words: cutbacks without causing citizens hinder. A new concept based on higher customer satisfaction and lower costs.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of the services using a service scan.
- Draw up a service vision in which all channels are aligned.
- Develop and design a new service counter concept in collaboration with design agency Buro Loods.
- Set up management models and operational management organizations with knowledge from the retail sector.
- Developing a business case based on this service concept.
- Implement the new concept: training staff and rolling out test locations.
Seven new City Offices were built in 2013/2014, all of which are operating successfully. It is now possible for Amsterdam citizens to renew their passport and claim benefits at the same counter. The waiting time was drastically reduced in the new setup, and the service offering has expanded significantly.
Fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch soon
Error: Contact form not found.