NETWORK OF ANWB STORES
RMC has been asked to research the performance of the network of ANWB branches. The aim was to gain new insights and correlations as a foundation for good location choices. We opted for a data-driven approach that left gut feelings outside of the decision-making process. Based on various data sources, the entire network of ANWB branches was compared under the same parameters.
- Evaluation of the various data sources (visitors, revenue, transactions, sales of subscriptions, transactions, and revenue of in-store kiosks, occupancy, lease rates, floor surface, and footfall).
- Analysis of this data: is there a correlation between the different data sources?
- Determining the ranking of the locations after assessing all data sources.
- Dividing the locations into four groups based on the ranking.
- Presentation to and discussion with the ANWB retail team and the marketing managers of the ANWB stores.
This resulted in a network scorecard that provides clear insight into the strength of the different locations. The network scorecard was the foundation for the discussion about the network of locations. For example: why is one of the stores positioned in the top 10 of all ANWB locations, in terms of visitor numbers, but does its revenue lag behind? And do stores with a larger surface area also have more revenue? Displaying the ranking of the stores with colors, turned out to be an excellent tool to discuss the performance of their stores with the marketing managers. The ANWB retail team now periodically evaluate this data to serve as a basis for their location choices.
Fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch soon